Coal Aston, Dronfield and surrounding areas are at the Seismic testing stage of the fracking process – representatives of INEOS are trying to get access to land to send shock waves through the underlying rock and work out where is best to frack.
If they don’t get the information, they don’t can’t work out where to frack.
1) Sign the e-Petitions
– No to fracking in Derbyshire (Marsh Lane and Eckington http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/338/312/082/say-no-to-fracking-marsh-lane-eckington/
– Ban Fracking in England (Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales already have) – https://act.foe.co.uk/act/ban-fracking-now
2) Spread awareness by leafleting – Do your street and tell us where you’ve leafleted – resources here: http://www.frackfreesouthyorkshire.co.uk/
3) Write to your local Councillors and MPs – https://www.writetothem.com/
4) Keep an eye out for paper petitions in and around local shops
5) Spread the word and encourage people to join Coal Aston and Dronfield Against Fracking and to sign petitions
6) Do your research. Here is a good place to start: http://www.frackfreesouthyorkshire.co.uk/downloadable-papers-and-documents.html
Knowledge is power.